So it's the tough guy.
This is a matter for insurance, not a frivolous lawsuit.
You know, for your information, I suffered emotional pain.
Emotional pain? Rub this on your emotional pain.
You condescending son of a ...
v. 屈尊，俯就( condescend的现在分词 )、故意表示和蔼可亲
- Look at me, I am gonna warn you once. Do not pursue this matter.
- You know, I have been held up at gunpoint three times. So do you think a fancy suit and a $500 haircut, that's gonna scare me?
You take my driver to court, I'm gonna represent him myself. And when you lose, you'll be covering my fee, which is gonna be a hell of a lot of haircuts.
Hmm, so you weren't a one-way fare.
Ray's worked for me eight years.
Then you don't have to worry about being a witness, because as his employer, you're liable for his actions.
- You know, I think you've seen way too many reruns of Ally McBeal.
- Hmm. You know, I emigrated here after September 11th, and they shut the doors on everybody. I couldn't pay for a lawyer, so I had to take them to court. I sued for my citizenship, so I have a very special appreciation for the law.
v. 移居国外( emigrate的过去式和过去分词 )
- I appreciate a good single malt. I don't pretend I can make one.
- I wiped the floor with the U.S. government, counselor. I'm gonna do the same with you.
counselor [ˈkaʊnsəlɚ, -slɚ]