- Sheldon. Congratulations. Brought you cheesecake from work. You know, because of your award, not because that busboy sneezed on it.
v. 打喷嚏( sneeze的过去式和过去分词 )
- I'm not accepting the award.
Turns out the great Sheldon Cooper has stage fright.
stage fright [stedʒ fraɪt]
- That's no reason to back out. I once got a pretty big honor in high school. I was terrified about appearing in front of a big crowd but I went through with it. You know? The world looked pretty darn good sitting on a haystack in the back of a Ford F-150 as a member of the corn queen's court.
v. 使恐怖，使惊吓，恐吓( terrify的过去式和过去分词 )
vt.& vi. 织补、缝补、补缀
- Thank you. I'll bear that in mind if I'm ever nominated for the Hillbilly Peace Prize.
v. 提名…为候选人( nominate的过去式和过去分词 )、任命、挑选、指定（时间、日期、名称等）
- Sheldon, you're being ridiculous.
Am I? Let me tell you a story. Where's 70 children when you need them? I was 14 and graduating summa cum laude from college. "Summa cum laude" is Latin for "with highest honors".
I just love how you always skip over the part where no one asks.
I was valedictorian and expected to give an address. Even now I can remember that moment when I walked up to the podium and looked out at the crowd. There must have been thousands of people. My heart started pounding in my chest. I began to hyperventilate. My vision became blurry, and before I knew it... Oh, dear.
valedictorian [ˌvælɪdɪkˈtɔriən, -ˈtor-]
- Oh, my God.